Mednarodno priznanje za naravovarstveni esej
Mitja Dobovišek je na mednarodnem natečaju pridobil mednarodno priznanje ("Honourable mention") za esej na temo BIODIVERZITETA. Njegov esej je bil med 1350 eseji ocenjen kot pomemben prispevek k razmišljanju mladih o sodobnih ekoloških izzivih.
Za ta odličen mednarodni dosežek iskreno čestitamo dijaku Mitji Dobovišku in mentorici Lenki Žigon!
Več o natečaju:
About the 2021 International Schools Essay Competition
Theme: Protecting biodiversity
How can we protect biological diversity and stop the sixth mass extinction?
During such a challenging year, particularly for schools, teachers and students, TSL are delighted to have received a record 1,350 entries in our 2021 International Schools Essay Competition!
290 Teacher Champions from 213 schools, across 59 countries around the world, have enabled their students to share their ideas to help protect the Earth’s precious biological diversity.
Students have identified several key issues and causes of biodiversity loss including:
- Climate change
- Fossil fuels
- Overfishing and increased agricultural production
- Pollution (particularly plastic)
- Lack of laws or suitable protection
and explored a number of exciting and innovative solutions including:
- Renewable energies
- Electric vehicles
- Reforestation programs and individual tree planting
- Creation of National Parks
- Vegan or vegetarian diets
- Organic food
- Urban/vertical farming
- The 3 Rs (Reduce, reuse, recycle)
- Improved laws and enforcement
- Increased public awareness (particularly via social media)
- Improved environmental and sustainability education
- Habit and mindset changes
Following on from the success of the first online International Schools’ Debates and Summit, this year’s Debates will take place online (July 5-10) to help support the broadest possible participation of schoolchildren from around the world.